Sin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeChatLatest imagesAionArmoryMeslam ForumAion SourceGallerySearchRegisterLog in

How do I get my Xeno weapon?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anxxiety
Centurion
Anxxiety

How do I get my Xeno weapon? Empty
PostSubject: How do I get my Xeno weapon?   How do I get my Xeno weapon? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:14 am

The Xenophon quest chain starts from, you guessed it, Xenophon who is in the Sanctum library. It begins with A Disturbing Report. The first few parts are fairly cut and dry so we will skip to the Spy Quests.

[Spy/Group] A Suspicious Box
this is the first of the spy quests that requires you to go to Asmodae. The Rift is right in front of the Lepharist Poison Research Center in Heiron, so you need to wait for that rift to be up, and get your group together. Be aware that you end up in a region with all Elite Lepharists around you, so be very careful.
After talking to Lethe (she does show up on your map, so no problem finding her, it's not far from the rift), she will assign you the next task...

[Spy/Group] Suspicious Scientists
This quest can get annoying. You have to collect 5 Entry Permits, which only drop from the Scholars. Although the item is a group-drop, meaning everyone can loot the Scholar to get an item (much like the Krall Marks), not every Scholar actually drops one.
Look around, there are several Scholars, even though the highest concentration is moving towards their stronghold, which will later also house the instance. Once your team got the 5 permits each, head back to Lethe again.

[Spy/Group] The Key is the Key
Here you have to kill a Boss, who can spawn at 6 random locations - however always on a bridge (as far as we could tell). Just loop around, he respawns rather quickly. Kill him and get the Key, then return to Lethe.

Of course i assume you haven't been ganked by Asmodians, since you're still in their territory, remember ? Keep an open eye on your threat-scan 360 at all times!

[Spy/Group] The Research Journal
This is the actual instance, and it's a tough one. Head to fortress and go through the big huge door (since you acquired the key recently) and you're on. Good news is, no more ganking possible, as you're in an instance. Bad news, it's gonna be a very tough one...

How do I get my Xeno weapon? Xeno_compass_001

You will see a lot of red dots on your compass, and you need to kill a boss for a key to advance into the next room. The boss is located on the left wing of that room, so you need to clear that all out, which would roughly look like this.
Also note that you possibly want to clear out the mobs in the entrance area on the right as well, as it allows you to move around alot easier and makes pulls more secure

Don't ever think you can skip something or take a shortcut. Play this one slow and safe, unless you want to group-wipe. I'm not joking here !

How do I get my Xeno weapon? Xeno_door_halfclean-300x158

After you've cleaned up the room, you are faced with a tough pull. The door is guarded by 4 mobs (assuming you've killed the once behind the pillar on the right of the door), and they are linked. Yes. Pull one and you got all 4 on you, which will be a wipe. So, instead, have someone like a Ranger leash them all away into the clear area on the left, and your Templar can pull one of the leashed mobs towards you, so you will fight only 1-2 of them, which your CC can easily handle. The ranger will continue to snare and kite his mobs until they either reset, he is dead, or the main team has finished off their kills and is ready to pull the next one.

Don't forget to bring Resurrection Stones for yourself and your team mates, you will most likely die in this instance...

How do I get my Xeno weapon? Xeno_hallway-290x300

Now that the door is clean, you enter a hallway with a patrol - but stop, that's not it. Don't push in yet, because that's the next guaranteed wipe. There are hidden patrols in there, so you need a Ranger or Assassin or anyone with the Seed of Detection to spot them and pull them out.

After you've successfully cleared that little hallway, you come up some ramp with mobs left and right. Only kill the mobs you really need, since you need to advance ahead. The Research Journal is in the first big room on the right, so at this crossing, ignore the mobs left and right that don't aggro you. Again, don't get cocky, pull them carefully and always pull them back into the cleared area, never fight them on their territory, their terms. Leash-Pull for the win.

How do I get my Xeno weapon? Xeno_compass_003

To give you an impression on how tightly the mobs are packed, here's the compass shot from the same location. So be careful. Advance ahead a little bit and clear the hallway, so you have enough space to leash-pull into the hallway, allow time and space for your CC to do an awesome job, and have more easy kills.

This whole instance is, however, incredibly annoying and quite hard, depending on your own level. You will be fighting 45 Elite's all the way along, so be prepared for a tough beating. The quest reward ultimately makes it worthwhile, but it's still a pain to get through, unless you have a dedicated and good group.

How do I get my Xeno weapon? Xeno_book-300x266

After carefully fighting your way into that room, you can see the bookshelves with the Research Journal sticking out.

Oh Joy !

Just don't mess up now, carry on carefully making your way through the room and get the journal, after which you can return to Sanctum. Either bound, Scroll or have the Sorcerer create a gate for you.

Rejoice, the hard part of this is over, even though there's still some more to come. The next quest will make you chase around through Sanctum a bit, so i won't go into detail there, it's just another Kinah sink for the teleporter and a waste of time.

[Group] RM-114c
Yeah. After Aether Labs you would expect this critter to be a tough one. He is, however only tough to find but very easy to kill. You can find him in Asteria Lake. Leave the fortress and fly down a bit, there are three caves behind the waterfalls. One is a bit more hidden, but believe me, the three caves do exist. Now, each cave can potentially spawn up to 4 of the monsters, and you need 10 kills alltogether.

Only sad part is that he has a 30-45min respawn time. Depending on the population of said area and how many others did the Spy quest, this can take up to 2 hours, mostly spent with sitting around and waiting. Have your team spread out into the caves and camp his spawn locations. RM-114c himself / itself is a huge disappointment, however the weapons makes good on that.
Back to top Go down

How do I get my Xeno weapon?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sin :: Legion :: Guides :: Frequently Asked Questions-
Jump to: