Sin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeChatLatest imagesAionArmoryMeslam ForumAion SourceGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Good gringing spots

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anxxiety
Centurion
Anxxiety

Good gringing spots Empty
PostSubject: Good gringing spots   Good gringing spots I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:52 pm

Here's some good grinding spots. There are obviously more than this but these are a good start if you aren't sure where to go next. Also, I wouldn't recommend the elites for you melee types.

17-19: Tempest Spirit - NPCs - Aion
/There's a repetable [Coin] quest targeting these mobs.
//They have a fairly strong ranged attack.

18-21: Eltnen Fortress (Hooked Sylphen - NPCs - Aion)
/Pretty much every mob around the Fortress (Sylphen linked to show location). Quests available for most of the mobs as well.

21-23: Monkeys/Frillnecks/Vespines (Manduri Gatherer - NPCs - Aion)
/These mobs are all over the jungle. Manduri are available for a repeat [Coin] quest, Frillnecks are a repeat quest as well.
//Manduri and Vespines have some sort of Blind skill you should try to avoid.

21-25: Harpies in Theobomos (Virago Warrior - NPCs - Aion for location).

23-25: Lepharist Revolutionaries (Raider - NPCs - Aion)

23-25: Zombies Avaricious Zombie - NPCs - Aion
//Very strong ranged attack that you should Focus Evade. Rarely used it if kited properly.

23-26: Acheron Drake - NPCs - Aion
/These are the target of a Campaign quest. It was crowded when I tried these. They tend to resist at 23, be wary.
//They have a powerful poison attack.

25-28: Wasteland Drake - NPCs - Aion

25-29:Memory Reaper - NPCs - Aion
/Blue circle is the Elyos Area. Beware of Ganking. Target of a repeatable quest. Tends to be crowded.
//The abyss area is full of easy mobs that you can grind, look for repeatable quests as well.

27-29/30: Eastern Eracus Desert (Thorntail Scolopen - NPCs - Aion for general location). Scolopens, Caltrops, Gryphu, Basilisks, Sheluks, and Gnarls are great here. Avoid Ksellid's outside of quests.
/Pretty much the whole desert area has good grinding mobs, there are a few quest hubs around. A very good alternative to the Abyss if you find that you're getting ganked a lot or its too crowded.

27-29/30: Sulfur Tree Archipelago in the Lower Abyss. Embers/Trees/Root Scouts/Bombs.
/Repetable quests available for some mobs here. (Embers for [Coin], Trees)
//High level trees can heal themselves, Bombs have high damage ranged attack. A lot of PvP action here.

28-31: Griffons/Pretor's @Eltnen (Hunter Griffon - NPCs - Aion, Pretor Chaser - NPCs - Aion)
/From what I can tell, Griffon's are during the day and Pretor's spawn at night time. They're both very easy to kill.

29-34: Upper Abyss (Location)
/Map credit to Chewstay of dtguilds, I found this through google.
//Lot's of PVP in the area.
///Includes Ghosts of Oblivion, Drakes, Virago Ghosts, and Gargoyles.

29-32: 3Star Sandstorm/Tornado Spirits @Eltnen (location: Tornado Spirit - NPCs - Aion)
/They have several attacks, the only that will hit from range and should be evaded is called Strike Wind.

31-35+: 4Star Scout Fighters/Vaegir's @Eltnen (location: Scout Vaegir - NPCs - Aion)
/You can do this at 30 but you're likely to get snare resists often. Be careful of a boss mob named Isson.
//These call for help occasionally, so kite them out of range of others.

32-35: Tigric mobs (Tigric Fighter - NPCs - Aion for location)

33-37: Flame Barghest @Eltnen (Flame Barghest - NPCs - Aion)
/The further south you go, the higher level they get. Mob level ranges from 35-37. The Magma spirits are easily killed here if they're in your way, but not as efficient.
//Their only skill requires you to be in melee range for it to hit you. Very easy mobs to kite.

37-42: Black Blaze Spirit @Upper Abyss

37-43: [Elite]Lepharist Assassins (Assassin - NPCs - Aion)
/Might be difficult from 37-39.

43-45: Harpies in Theobomos (Virago Trapper - NPCs - Aion for location).

42-48/50: [Elite]Indratu Trooper/Ambusher/Outrider @Herion (Indratu Outrider - NPCs - Aion, Indratu Trooper - NPCs - Aion, Indratu Ambusher - NPCs - Aion)
Back to top Go down
Paymon
Legionnaire
Paymon

Good gringing spots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good gringing spots   Good gringing spots I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 pm

So, far I have found that every class has a mob that is weak to it. Just like PvP every class has a class that they just own hands down. Some are harder to tell then others but any edge is worth it when it comes to killing the same thing over and over. Finding that mob and destroying it is way faster then trying to kill the same thing as all the other classes. Example that sticks out is slimes are weak to rng, when a rng crits on these they can be half life instantly if not one shotted for a quick kill. It easier to see the difference at lower lvls but not all mobs have a low lvl equivalent, so it takes some kind of research.

@ lvl 13-14 there are slimes up near pilgrims respite that are lvl 16-17 and die fairly quick.

@ lvl 20-21 ish there is swamp slimes that are easy enough to kill but tend to resist binds and traps. There is also Mud thorns that if aggrod will own a rng cause they have rng too.

This may not be a guide like Anxxiety is my hero 's but more of a heads up to watch out for mobs that seem to take more then average damage from you. Its probably a good idea to right it down and find the other lvls of the same mob.
Back to top Go down

Good gringing spots
Page 1 of 1